I'm coming back...

 It has been an interesting few years since I last wrote on this blog. And, truth be told, it was never my intention to start again... 

Three years ago I started a new blog when my life took a drastic turn. I was diagnosed with a chronic illness, then we moved 1400 kilometers from our home back to our original home province, and our whole life was turned upside down. This lead me to start a new blog, "The Healing Mama", that reflected this new life I had entered. Then, my husband almost died in a car accident and my world was once again flipped upside down... or, perhaps, it was turned right side up...





This past year and a bit has been maybe the most challenging time period I have ever experienced (perhaps even more challenging than even my illness) because it has forced me to question so much. But, it has also been the most amazing experience in many ways as well. The accident lead my husband and I to really reevaluate so much, including our relationship with the Father. It has had many, many valleys, but we are believing that the mountain is well on its way.

As I said earlier, it was never my intention to ever write on this blog again. And, if I'm honest, I'm not completely sure why I am. But, I feel this pull to resurrect this blog so to speak. I feel like maybe, just maybe, this is the girl that the Father wants to bring back. The girl who wrote passionately about her life, her family, and her God. 

My new blog was started out of a need to somehow find a place for the girl I had become... a girl who was broken and in need of hope and life. She was tired, and sick, and she wanted to find a solution to what she was facing. So, she wrote about health and wellness and recipes and diet. But, that's not who I am. Sure, I believe in healthy eating and healthy lifestyles. But, that's certainly not what I am all about. 

This past year has changed me. And, with all the uncertainty in the world, I feel the Father calling me back to that girl I once was, and still am, and to uncover something that was hidden beneath all of the hurt and  pain.

I know there is so much more inside of me and, as my husband has been reminding me, the Lord is not finished with me yet. There is something deep within me that is just waiting to be unleashed... and there is an enemy working hard in a desperate attempt to make sure that doesn't happen. But, I know who I am and I know whose I am. 

So, here is to the new me... the old, new me? Here's to the woman God is calling me to be... I'm coming back...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts