I'm ready...

 Today I went to the park and, as I was driving, it donned on me that I was driving a very familiar route; it was the route I took every single day for 6 weeks. The route to the hospital...

As I drove passed the scene of the accident, I found myself very aware of where I was. I drive over there often and don't always think about it. Today, I did. As I continued on, I found myself driving the exact route that I had taken every day while my husband was in the hospital. That route became so familiar to me that I barely had to think about it as I drove from our home to the General daily to visit my husband. It was my second home for nearly an entire summer and it was just so normal to me. Today, I became very aware of where I was driving and, as I drove passed the turn where I would have normally gone, I became suddenly aware of it all. And, then I remembered... I still have not told my side of the story.

After the accident, my husband couldn't go anywhere without someone asking what happened to him. He was the talk of the hospital; just one look at him and it was apparent he had been through something awful. But, it was his positive attitude and the fact that he was recovering much faster than anyone ever expected that caught the most attention. He was, and is, a walking miracle. 

I stood on the sidelines, holding his hand and walking with him every step of the way. It was the hardest thing, watching the man I love go through something so horrific. In the very beginning I just kept saying I couldn't do it... I kept saying I didn't know how to be a mom because I felt like I just couldn't do anything "normal". But, God's grace is sufficient and He gave me the strength for each day. 

My husband had had such an amazing transformation and it was really amazing to witness it. He had been given another chance at life and his testimony was so powerful and life changing. It was truly beautiful. But, I struggled to find my place in it all. He had a story to tell that would transform anyone who would hear it. Me? Not so much. I was struggling with what had happened and I found myself quite lost. But then God got ahold of me...

I watched my husband's transformation and couldn't see where I fit in or what God was doing in my life. I didn't have a story. Then God showed me, your story isn't finished yet. I couldn't tell it because it wasn't yet my time; I was still walking through it. My story was still being written.

 But now, it's time. It's time to tell my story-my side of the story. It's going to take some time to put it all together, but I'm ready. I'm ready because God has told me it's time. I'm ready because God says I'm ready. I'm ready because God says my story needs to be heard. I'm ready...

Comments

Popular Posts