Blind Faith

BRRR!! I feel like I am back in Saskatchewan! I am just finally getting warm after being out today, and I plan to stay in hibernation until Friday when I venture out to Harper against my will! But, for now, I can stay nice and warm by the blazing fire.

Today, we took Benjamin to his weekly gymnastics class, and when I went to get him after class he said to me "I was a little bit scared when I tried (to do a particular gym activity) but, God was with me and I knew I could do it"! Jesus said "anyone who does not have faith (like a child) will never get into the Kingdom of God" Mark 10:15. I love God's simple reminders through the mouths of our children. It can make a day that seems to be headed in a downward spiral suddenly make you smile just because you know that God is indeed with you.

I truly believe that God uses these moments to teach us about the love of Christ, God's grace and His mercy, His presence in times of joy and times of trouble. He uses the "simple" things to teach us who HE IS. If only we could have "faith like a child"...or, can we? I suppose it is possible. Some may call it "blind faith"; but, that does not have to be a negative thing. The term could suggest to some (possibly non believers) that one is lead deceptively into an unknown place. But, to have "blind faith" could also just simply be this: you follow where He leads you, not knowing at times where that may be but trusting that He knows. It is stepping out without knowing what lies beneath your feet; turning the corner without knowing what awaits you on the other side. It is not needing to know every answer because you KNOW that someone who loves you has got it all under control.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts