Delight

Psalm 37:4 says, "Take DELIGHT in the Lord and He WILL give you your heart's DESIRE"!! WOW! Pretty powerful. I started thinking about this verse of scripture and how it applys to my life when a friend suggested my blog title. Delight. Joy, EXTREME satisfaction...in Him. Am I? Extremely satisfied, that is. Or, am I still looking for this satisfaction elsewhere?

True, our fleshly, sinful nature searches for instant gratification. And, even once you have come into God's Kingdom, you still are, by nature, sinful. But, as God's children we are called to a different standard; we must die to our flesh DAILY, take up our cross and FOLLOW Christ. So, what does that look like in my life? Well, recently this has become very important in our family. Dying to your flesh not only needs to be done daily, but often minute by minute, especially as a tierd mommy who would like to give into her children's sinful nature of wanting instant gratification so she can have a break. But, who also knows the importance of not giving in in order to properly train her children according to God's word.

So, what exactly AM I saying? Well, often we seek things, or people, to satisfy the yearning inside of us. And, we even pray to God to provide an answer for these "needs" or desires. But, what He is saying is to "Take DELIGHT in Him"-find this JOY in Him, be completely satisfied-in LOVE with HIM, and He WILL GIVE us the desires of our heart!! So, we don't have to ask, beg, plead, pray to Him for these desires, he will GIVE them to us, if only we would be satisfied with HIM.

Now, the word "satisfied" may be too loosely used to convey it's full meaning in this matter. To be a "satisfied customer", for instance, is a sort of contentment. But, the definition of "satisfaction" is, the fullfillment or gratification of a desire or need. So, let's get this straight; if we can allow God to fullfill our desire (that is fill that need/void/emtiness/lonliness or what have you), then He will give us our heart's desire! Wow! So, in the midst of struggles that I face everyday, I need to be satisfied in my God; allow Him to fill me. I must do MY part. I must surrender to Him, and lay down my life. Simple, yes, but definitely not easy. But, He never promised us easy, now, did He?

Comments

  1. That's is so amazing!!! you should submit this is a magazine. like I said, "don't ask God to guide your steps unless.....your willing to move your feet."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts