"M" is for mountain

In preparation for today's school day, I looked up the following scripture: Mark 11 verse 23 says, "I assure you that you can say to this mountain, 'may God lift you up and throw you into the sea', and your command will be obeyed."

Each week, we do a letter of the alphabet, and I plan a lesson around it. This week we are on the letter "M"! I find this to be a fun way to do preschool with the kids, and they seem to enjoy it as well. So, this scripture got me thinking about the "mountains" in my life, and whether or not I am believing God to remove them from my life and toss them into the sea.

Insecurity; inadequacy; anxiety; doubt; fear. These are not part of God's promise for my life. These are lies from the enemy that I have allowed to creep into my life. These "mountains" do not deserve to stand firm-unmoved; they deserve to crumble. So, am I believing God for this? Or, am I allowing these obstacles to continue to hinder me?

God speaks with clarity. He does not speak to us in confusing riddles that He expects us to figure out. So, when God says something can be done, IT CAN BE DONE! So, will I continue to allow these mountains to stand tall, or am I ready to watch them be tossed into the raging waters, never to be seen again?

Comments

  1. Sara, I think you should start a woman's devotional :) this stuff is great I look forward to the next one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts