Whose House?

Recently I started to write a book; a Christian living, devotional-type book that has got me reading God`s word in a whole new way. Tonight, I was writing about the following scripture:  ``As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord`` Joshua 24:15. I started thinking about who`s house this belongs to. Am I serving the Lord; is my family living for Him. Have we put idols before Him; have we allowed people, possessions, or activities steal the glory that is rightfully His.  Is He the focal point, or an after thought. Have we given our devotion over to seemingly harmless things, such as our children, and justifed our actions to hide the truth. Have we given our time, love, loyalty, honor, respect to the One whom is worthy; where are our priorities. Who`s house is this, REALLY; who do we serve.

Comments

Popular Posts